For a non-capital city, Hong Kong has one of the largest foreign representations in the world. On behalf of the Government of the HKSAR, the Protocol Division liaises with and provides host government services to the sizeable Consular Corps in Hong Kong. We also extend courtesies and hospitalities to visiting national leaders and international dignitaries.
The Protocol Division comes under the Administration Wing of the Chief Secretary for Administration’s Office, Government Secretariat. There are about 20 officers in the Division and we serve to:
- maintain close liaison with the Office of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China (PRC) in the HKSAR on matters related to Consular Corps in the HKSAR;
- maintain close liaison with and provide host government services to the Consular Corps in the HKSAR;
- extend courtesies to visiting national leaders and international dignitaries;
- advise on matters related to national and regional flags/emblems, protocol matters and etiquette;
- ensure the provision of an efficient and cost-effective government VIP service at the Hong Kong International Airport;
- plan and co-ordinate visits to the HKSAR by national leaders and overseas senior officials and arrange delivery of their visit programmes; and
- organise ceremonial events.
Headed by the Director of Protocol and the Deputy Director of Protocol, our colleagues look after three major areas of work, namely, consular affairs, VIP visits and ceremonial events.
Mr Harry TSANG
Ms Prudence LI
If you want to make enquiries, suggestions or complaints in respect of our services, please contact us.